Monday, October 24, 2011

My 5 Ways To Live Healthier (according to me)

I know this is a second post in the past hour or so lol but I felt this needed its own post.






So I've joined a new group. Called Bloggers for Health.
You can go join as well over HERE


For week 1 we are supposed to write out our 
"5 Ways To Live Healthier".
I kinda did that in my post yesterday so this goes perfectly with me right now.


1. Stay positive! 
As soon as I start feeling myself slip into that dark place I need to remind myself what I am doing this for and get happy.
I deal with a lot in my life, but thats no reason to treat my body like a trash can. Get happy, and everything else will fall into place.


2. Plan ahead! 
I really need to stick to this more, because when I do, I do great. When I don't plan it's a lot easier to eat bad things and take the easy way out and become lazy.
If I just plan my meals and my day the night before and follow through with it, then I will do awesome.


3. Be prepared for the unexpected. 
Wether its a sick child or 2 making it so you can't go to the gym, or you don't lose this week even though you worked your butt off all week. Life has a way of throwing everything off track, and making you feel like you are not in control. But you ARE! 
So the kids are sick? Do a workout video at home. 
You don't have any workout videos? Well you have the internet! I know this, because you're reading my blog!!  Youtube is your friend!!
If you prepare yourself for things to  sometimes not go as expected, life will be much easier.


4. Have support. 
Tell someone you are trying to live a healthier life and share your journey with them. I can't tell you how often I have "given up" or was only holding on by a thread, and the fact that I have a lot of supporters in my life has kept me going, and made me try again.


5. Eat Clean.
Im not an expert on this, and I am so used to eating processed foods. But lately I have been buying organic foods as much as I can. Its expensive, and sometimes I just can't afford to buy EVERYTHING organic, but its a step in the right direction. And my body loves me for it! Eat whole wheat if you are eating pasta and bread. I also ALWAYS eat my veggies first at lunch and dinner.
Not to mention drinking water with your meals and eating slower. You will fill up faster.


No comments: