Hello lovelies.
I had my WI this morning and I am down 1.6 this week.
I'm happy with that, since this week was my TOM.
I want a big number on the scale next week so I started my week off great today.
Went to the gym and I usually go on the bike for 25-30 minutes and in that time I usually do about 4-5 miles.
Today I was having a hard time getting past the first 10 minutes.. seriously debated whether I should finish the 25 minutes I planned.. I was talking myself into just doing 20 minutes, and I would make up for it another day.. but then something amazing happened.. I talked myself out of giving up!
I finished 40 minutes, and 7.7 miles at a higher resistance than normal, just to prove to myself that I have more in me than I let myself realize.
I'm starting to not be my own worst enemy, I'm kinda my friend now lol
I encouraged myself and pushed myself and I did more than I thought I could.
What a great Valentines gift I gave me!
Didn't do anything else for V-Day, since Rob isn't home till tomorrow.. and probably won't do anything special tomorrow.. but after not having my husband home and him being away from me for 2 weeks, sex will be had.
After 2 weeks of no husband, I will be so happy to have him home because...
So My brother is getting married in either Jamaica or The Dominican Easter of 2012.
Rob and I decided that we won't be taking the kids, for many reasons.
Money being a big one, but also, we never got a honey moon, we have never been out of Canada.
Rob works away from home in a diamond mine in the middle of the Arctic Tundra and I think he freakin deserves a nice vacation with no kids (although I'm sure he would enjoy having them there also), with his wife who will by that time be much smaller.
I deserve some time away from my kids, with my husband who is only here half the month.
BUT my mother and my sister apparently feel the need to try and guilt trip me into taking the kids.
"Think of all the memories and pictures we will have, and the only people missing from them will be YOUR kids"....
eff that.
I don't want to feel bad about not taking them..
in fact I had to say FINE I will think about it, just to shut my sister up lol
But honestly.. if I want to be responsible with my money and not take the kids to another country with me for THAT trip, then let it go.. let me be ok with that!
You know, even If we can afford to take the kids, I think I would rather not (for the reasons I listed above).
We talked to Aiden about it and we will be taking them on a road trip to Canada's Wonderland that summer, I'm pretty sure my kids won't feel left out, in fact they both said they would rather do the road trip.
Anyways.....
Today I am grateful for myself.. and all the new things I am learning about me :)




9 comments:
Congrats on the loss, fellow Canadian. Me..Vancouver, BC. Did I mention that already?
I say go alone to the wedding. Kids probably wouldn't enjoy it and would rather do the Canada's Wonderland trip. Now, that's for kids.
It truly is great for you and your hubby to have time along to nurture your relationship...and the kids get the benefit of that. In my humble opinion, of course.
Thanks Darla, I know ROb and I could use a vacation for us to reconnect, even if its over a year away lol.
Its true the kids WILL benefit from it!
And yay for being Canadian!!
Geez... why don't your sister and mother take the kids? Holidays with aunt and/or grandma can be fun! *eviltwingrin*
2 weeks without sex? I wish... I guess we had some action at the beginning of January - and we see each other every day. (Maybe we should change that?) *frustrated* - oops, sorry, TMI... ^^
Well they are going to be there too, in fact my sister is spending nearly $15000 to get her, her fiance and her 5 kids there. They did offer to help with the kids, and of course their number one answer to time with my husband is the resort daycare.../sigh.
I could probably afford to take the kids, but I would rather use that money to help us get into a bigger house, or to pay off debt. And then go on a cheaper holiday with the kids where they would have more fun anyways.
I just need to stick to my guns and tell them how it is. I don't need to feel bad for it.
Oh my gawd, Ayla, going 2 weeks without sex is torture - two months was even worse, especially after Adam and I first got married, so I tooootally know how you feel. GET 'IM DONE!
And I say, definitely go to the wedding by yourselves. The kids probably wouldn't enjoy that as much as they would the other roadtrip, and this way, you get time alone with your hubs in a really awesome location - with no obligations for however long you guys can wing it. =) Makeshift honeymoon! <3
Congrats on your loss, doll, especially for the TOM weigh-in.
Awesome progress! Look at you GO! Geez! That many miles in that many minutes = amazing. I'm dying by 3 miles...at 45 minutes. LOL!
And I get you on the whole "not taking the kids" thing. I actually laid awake at 4 a.m. with a baby clawing and whining away in my arm and I stared at the ceiling and thought: THIS is why parents go on vacations with their kids. LOL! You need mommy/daddy time, too. It'll be wonderful for everyone involved!
Great loss!
Going somewhere tropical is great motivation to stay on track.
And don't feel too bad about not taking your kids. Either one of those destinations doesn't seem to be geared towards kids, so they'd probably just ruin it for you. lol take them when you plan a disney vacation or something!!
=D
Honestly, I was joking. Don't take the kids. You'll love spending time without them (even if you love your children, as I am sure you do), and they can have tons of fun without you as well. ^^
Thankd everyone :)
Post a Comment