UPDATE:
I have not peeked at the scale since my last peek lol. My official day to step back on the scale is July 6th (also the day of the Tegan and Sara concert!!!!!!)
I have been doing alright this week. I know I made some not so great choices, but I have tried to stay active .
I am finding it actually really hard, I'm not gonna lie.
Its taking a lot of effort to stay focused.
I want this to be easy, but I suppose if it was easy I wouldn't have struggled for so long with this :S
Everything worth having is worth working for.
And my health and my happiness is worth having, so I must work for it.
I have been taking pictures of my food but I haven't been able to get on here and post as much as I would like to. That will change on Tuesday once Rob goes back to work though.
I made a great healthy grocery shop the other day.
Like I said I have been doing ok but know I can do better, so I will.
I feel like I have not lost any weight yet, I don't feel any healthier, I don't have more energy yet. But I know this will all come with hard work and determination, it takes time!
I want to do an update on Aiden's Anxiety.
Yes I capitalized it for a reason.
We have seen a mental health specialist/therapist twice now. And it seems to be helping. Helping me a LOT, and therefore helping Aiden in a way.
We have some workbooks to do over the summer to help with his anxiety.
They basically help give coping skills to get through those times when his anxiety is high (like first thing in the morning, going to school)
We are supposed to talk about the Anxiety as if it is its own entity. That way its easier on him and he doesn't think something is wrong with him. Also, they (Aiden and the specialist) came up with a story about the anxiety dragon, and how all the kids with anxiety have to battle it and when they worry the dragon gets bigger and stronger. So they have to come up with ways to not worry and to battle him.
I thought that was so cute. And we are able to use that in real life. When he is feeling anxious I can say "Uh oh, looks like the worry dragon is coming out, how are we gonna win this battle?"
And then he can learn ways to cope and deal with his anxiety in a fun way and not feel like something is wrong with him.
We learned a lot in our time with her, and go back to see her in a month.
He already has made great progress. He went out to play with the kids in the morning at school twice last week!!! Which he hasn't done pretty much ALL year! You can't even understand how relieved and happy that made me!
I have more to say about the meetings with her, but I will leave that for another post since its more to do with me and I feel like Im going on and on already in this one lol
Take care everyone :D



No comments:
Post a Comment