So he ended up with 2 years for me 2 years for my sister and 1 year for the other girl.
But, mine and my sisters terms are being allowed to be served AT THE SAME TIME!!!
How the fuck does that work, how is that fair!!?
2 years for what he did to me is not good enough, I live with it my whole life!
But to say that they are allowing my 2 years and my sisters 2 years at the same time.....
way to make someone feel like they did the right thing by coming forward.
And the other girls 1 year is only gonna be 6 months because he had been in custody for three months between guilty and sentencing, so they count it as 6 months time served....
fucking system is bullshit.
So all in all, he gets to hurt 3 little girls who trusted him, and change who they would become, set them up to deal with this their whole lives.
And he gets 2 and a half years.
OH and possibly not even that, I just got the email from my mom letting us girls know that he is appealing.
And the people in his town are helping pay for his BAIL.. he will get out on bail on July 11th.. until the appeal date and the people are also helping pay for his new fancy lawyer.....
sick fucks!
I have no faith right now..I can't even believe they would help him.. obviously they dont know us and they know him..and he is trustworthy.. he was the best man at my parents wedding ffs! Why would 3 girls come forward after 17 years to make shit up about a guy they knew as children... they can't honestly believe he is innocent?
This make me feel like.. why the hell did I put myself through all this again, I had to face him , I had to speak the words of the things he did to me, while he sat their and lied about it.
I had to hear him say my name again, and say that I was very fond of him when I was a child.
All for this..
Im trying really hard to not say it wasn't worth it but, fuck!
5 comments:
I'm not sure what's going on (I need to read further back perhaps) I'm very sorry you're going through this!!! That's tough - I'm sure you did the right thing though hang in there.
I am so sorry things didn't come back in your favor. I totally agree our judicial/legal/court system is so messed up it's not even funny! I can't believe he only got 2 1/2 years and like you said he won't end up serving all that either. Very very sad, is there anything more you girls can do on your end ot fight for a harsher sentence?
Jury, if you want to catch up you can click on "About Fat Girl" underneath the header for the page :)
Sarah, thank you!Im still quite upset about all of this. But i have my strength back and am ready to fight again.
Im not very hopeful on the outcome since he hired one of Canada's top criminal lawyers. But since he appealed, our lawyer does get to fight more too. He will try to argue to have mine and my sisters NOT served at the same time. And at the very least fight his hardest to have him be a registered sex offender.
Im going to email our lawyer with all the things I'm upset about and all the things I want changed and he will still try to either keep things the same or have him serve more time since he is still fighting for less even though he was already found guilty.
I appreciate your support :)
The speaking up part was for you, not for him. You face him, and you survived. There is nothing anymore that he can do to you. And he will receive punishment, that much is sure.
(I am so sorry for you, and outraged at a decision like that. Good thing 'mine' died from lung cancer... I hope it hurt.)
At least you always know you did the right thing, no more what if's. Hope that the appeal goes in your favor <3 love u :D
Post a Comment