Friday, April 20, 2012

I have been back for about a week now. I seriously had the time of my life in Punta Cana!
It was so great to have my first time out of Canada be with my husband and no kids (less stress) and I needed that time with just my husband <3




We were quite busy all week while there. I was just with my husband, but our group totalled almost 60 people!! I made so many new friends and got to make some awesome memories with family that I haven't seen in a long time.
We went on dune buggies one day, and got completely covered in mud lol it was a lot of fun.
The dune buggy trip took us to a cave that has a natural pool in it. It was so cool!

My younger brother Adrian, his girlfriend, Rob and I all went on a speed boat tour where we got to drive our own 2 person speed boats. Little did we know that tour also let us go SNUBAing (mix between snorkeling and scuba)


I couldn't get the hang of the breathing, so I pretty much just snorkeled, but I did get to feed the fish and the guy who was in charge of our group was awesome and took pictures with my camera of the rest of our group since I didn't make it down all the way.



We had another day where the whole group of us (except my younger brother and his gf) went on a Catamaran. The Happy Hour catamaran.
It was seriously such a good time!
Michelle's (brothers new wife) family and friends are the nicest people ever, they make everyone feel like family and it seriously felt like we were all one big family.
On the catamaran we also got to go snorkeling.


There was lots of drinks and dancing!


 And we got to get out of the boat at one of Punta Cana's last untouched beaches. We didn't go to the beach though lol, the water was only waste deep out where the boat was so we all just partied in the ocean for a while, where they brought us more drinks! Seriously, they had to have another small boat come meet us about 4 different times to supply more beer lol
And with all that drinking, not one person got out of hand, everyone was so fun and it was seriously like we were in paradise.
Man, I wanna go back!!!!

(Mom, Alisen, Michelle, Adam, Me, and Dad)

The day before the wedding My forehead swelled up....
WTF right!? Of course this happens to me.
I was so worried about being the fattest girl in the wedding, until that shit happened. I looked SO stupid.
I seriously cant stand looking at the pictures of me from that day (expect for the ones with me wearing sunglasses lol)
And we spent about 4 hours with a photographer after the ceremony doing wedding shots.
This photographer was sooooo good, and I am excited to see his pictures, but I know I'm gonna hate everyone I am in due to my swollen forehead :(

Anyways the wedding was on the beach, it was over +30 Celsius so the thought of wearing my hair down in the back was not an option lol
My sister did my hair and it was lovely.
The wedding was beautiful!
I think I cried more than the bride.
I cried when she was walking down the isle and I saw how happy my big brother was. I cried when she got the nervous giggles lol.

I cried during all the speeches at the reception.
My mom did a speech welcoming Michelle into the family and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE cried during it, including all the guys lol.
We just love Michelle so much. And we were all so happy this day finally came.





After the reception and being in plus 30 heat all day and night we all jumped in the kiddie pool and splashed each other.


We spent a lot of time in the pool.
There was a pool bar, need I say more lol
But the pool was actually cooler than the ocean a lot of days, and there was shade, so that was where most people hung out.


You can't tell in that picture but MAN, I am brown!!! I burnt pretty good a couple days, but now that I am home my tan is showing a lot more, I have never seen my skin get this dark! Its impressive lol... now if only it was all over my body and not just the top half lol.
My back/shoulders are the darkest. And my face/chest are still peeling.

I figured I would leave this post to be only about my trip. I will probably do another post later tonight.


I have hundreds more pictures, if you want to check them out you can go to my facebook page (the albums are public right now)

















3 comments:

safire said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Gorgeous photos. The wedding looks so great and congratulations to your brother and new SIL!

Diandra said...

Sounds as if you had a blast!

Katy said...

The trip sounded awesome Ayla!! I haven't had a chance to sit down and look at all of your pics! But I will soon!