Monday, March 26, 2012

10 Days

Had my WI today and was down 2 lbs :)
That was still without any exercise, well, I did get a couple days of walking in, but walking never feels like work.

I went and had my fit assessment today with Abby, the personal trainer I mentioned last post.
It went pretty much how I expected. I'm not in good shape so it showed. But she did say I had pretty good core strength so its not like I'm starting from scratch.
She charges $25 an hour!! So happy about that! Very affordable! And since I wont be able to come to her when Rob is out of town (at least not very often) she will also help me with making a plan for when I go to the gym or even for me at home. For an extra charge of $10.
She was really nice and I didn't feel uncomfortable with her. So after my trip I will get in touch with her to start a plan. She recommended that I work mainly on cardio, she said swimming would be a really good idea for me since my shins hurt a lot when I do jumping or running.
And since there is a swimming pool in Servus, she said I should do half an hour of laps and then go up to the gym and work on upper body machines, as well as stuff like crunches and lunges. She will put together a daily plan for me. and I can just follow that when I am working out alone.
She took my measurements and all that fun stuff lol so she can keep track monthly. I weighed nearly 8 lbs more on her scale, mind you I had eaten, was wearing a sweater and shoes, so I was expecting it to be more.
Other than that I don't really have much else to talk about today.
Tomorrow is Atreyu's 5th birthday. Gonna take him to spend some birthday money, as well as to Galaxy land play park with Sabrina and Jenn and the kids :) Should be fun!

4 comments:

safire said...

Congrats on 2 lbs down! It sounds like you have a great trainer! Good luck with your workouts!

Life as Linda said...

Yay for 2 lbs :)

That's awesome that you have a trainer and a lot of direction for when you are working out without her!

I wanna be with Atreyu tomorrow :(

Diandra said...

Good luck with the new training arrangements! And have fun with the kids!

Maren said...

It's so great when you find a trainer that fits you! Someone you feel comfortable with!