It is freaking cold out!!!!
And I can't find the cord in my car for the block heater. Its a new car and I have never had it through a winter before, so I have never plugged it in, and I searched for about half an hour yesterday to find it couldn't find the damn thing. I tried googling it, and everything I read said it would be behind the headlight on the right side, so I go back out to look, again nothing, I checked everywhere I could reach/look, pulled on every cord (not too hard, don't want to unplug something important lol) and nothing.
Im gonna try calling Kia again today to see if they can tell me why I am so blind. I tried yesterday cause I SHOULD have had it plugged in last night, but I could never get through to anyone.
I went out this morning to make sure my car would start, and it did... but it took a little bit.
I HAVE to plug it in tonight.
Its so bad for the car to let it get that cold thick oil is a no no.
So if Kia tells me where it is and I cant find it, Im driving the 40 minutes, so they can show me and pull the cord out for me lol
Its gonna be -40 degrees celcius tonight with the windchill!!!
WI day was yesterday. And even though it was my TOM I am pleased to say I was down 2.2lbs this week :) woot!
Only 1.6lbs to go to get back to where I was before the holidays!
I think I can manage that this week.
Only 1.6lbs to go to get back to where I was before the holidays!
I think I can manage that this week.
I am also pleased to say today is my 9 year anniversary with Rob <3
...he's at work of course. But will be home next Tuesday so hopefully we can do something special then.
I am NOT pleased to say there is a mouse in my house!!! This morning Aiden told me he thinks he saw something run across the room and then back and then went behind the couch. I said "What do you mean you THINK you saw it? If you saw it enough to know it ran across the room TWICE you must have actually seen it!?" lol
Then he says well I think it was a mouse or a rat....
Ok well we don't have rats here and if you saw a rat Im sure you would have freaked out a little more than you did lol
So Im up on a chair.
Im trying to see where he told me it went.
Im trying to move stuff with my feet while still being up.. on a chair.
I am still asking him questions because at this point even though I am up on a chair and scared, I only half believe him, because he isn't certain he saw it, he THINKS he saw it..... lol still confused.
Anyways. so I'm calming down a bit, if there is a mouse its more afraid of me than I am of it...right!?
I move the couch, nothing, I make loud noises while I'm moving other things, nothing.
So I ask him again, "Did you see it through the corner of your eye, or did you look right at it? How do you not know if you saw it or not!?" lol
He says "I saw it through the corner of my eye."
I get off the chair.
I tell myself maybe there is no mouse.... ok, yeah! There is no mouse.
"I don't think there is a mouse in here, lets all just calm down!!" *shifty eyes*
I go about my morning.. making sure to watch my feet and keep them up off the ground if I am sitting.
Aiden goes to school, I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and Atreyu yells to me " MOM THERE IS A MOUSE!!!"
I run out to the kitchen, he is up on the couch in a little ball lol and pointing into the kitchen....
He says it ran behind the garbage can. He was actually certain of it, he said it was grey and had a tail...*shivers* ughhhhh.
I look behind the garbage can, nothing.. so I look along the walls/cupboards. And notice where the dishwasher is there is some insulation coming out from beside it....
FFS!
When we removed the old dishwasher it was attached to some wood, extra pieces of wood that aren't part of the cupboards. so when we put the new one in there was enough insulation and what not that it didn't seem to NEED the wood.
Well, I guess it does need the wood :(
Robs not home for a week. I can't fix this.
For the time being I shoved a bunch of towels and cloth in there, but its a mouse, maybe more than one mouse I have no idea, and they can chew things and move things, and ughhhhh.
/cry
The only comfort I have is that it probably wont come out again when we are around making noise and stuff. So I will go buy a mouse trap and set it up for at night.
Oh yeah and more news.
WE ARE GETTING A KITTY.
This wasn't a decision made after I realized we had the mouse fyi lol
I picked one of my friends kittens out the other day and told her I would have to talk to Rob about it. SO I did and I let him have a day to think it over.
He said yes, I think he more so just knows im lonely and I have been wanting one for soooo long he finally just gave in lol
Here he is.
Im naming him Poe, after Edgar of course <3

9 comments:
adorable kitty!! Maybe Poe can catch the mouse! Happy Anniversary and great job on the weight loss
How cute! We had a mouse in the house a few months ago (we live in a rural-ish area so it happens). One old fashioned trap baited with some peanut butter and snap! Problem solved. We did get some cats after though and they keep on top of things, though you do have to be prepared for them to bring mice in when they catch them and want to play with them before they eat them, so be prepared for mouse-gut clean up.
Why can't you fix that on your own? Grab some wood and some nails, and you should be ready. ^^
Cute kitty!
SHaron, Thanks :)
Thursdays child, Im hoping my cat will stay an indoor cat, but yes, I will be prepared for that if it gets out... and apparently I guess if the mice get in again lol
Diandra, I can't fix it on my own, its not as simple as "grabbing some wood and nails" lol. Trust me I am alone half my life, I have to do random crap around the house all the time lol, I know what is beyond my capabilities.
I would need to use a table saw and shape the wood to fit it in around the dishwasher. I have never used the table saw, although Im sure I COULD figure it out. Thats not even the issue. Its -50 here with the windchill. And the table saw is in the shed which is blocked by ice and snow, so I would have to spend a couple hours outside in this weather JUST to get the saw out of the shed, and then spend god knows how much longer trying to measure and figure out how to cut the wood on the saw. All of which would have to be done outside in that cold. And they are saying not to spend more than 10 minutes outside due to likely getting frostbite within 10 minutes.
Its gonna be like 30 degrees warmer next week. ANd Rob loves using his tools lol, so I will wait for him. I have it blocked off for now. I really wish it was just that simple though, lol.
Great job on your weight loss this week. Happy Anniversary to you guys!
So sorry about the mouse, I would be freaking out too! Hopefully Poe catches the mouse for you, he sure is a cutie!
Oh my god that's the cutest kitttyyy!! Hope you get the cord thing sorted.. :p And congrats on the loss!!
Congrats on your weight loss this week, yay you! :)
Okay, you are too cute, I would have loved to see you and Atreyu in that situation! But really, I hope that mouse doesn't show up again, I would hate for you to have to wait in a hotel for Rob to get home, lol. (which is where I would be!)
Need an update...did you get a trap and catch the mouse? Or maybe you blocking the hole means it can't come in again? And did Kia help you find your cord so you could plug the car in? It's way too freaking cold.
Love the kitten, Happy Anniversary! I am your latest follower from Warwick, England!
Poe! Delightful. You saved the best for last in your entry. Also, one day I hope to be familiar with this TOM/WI jargon. :)
Post a Comment