Saturday, November 05, 2011

Day 14 of 166 days

Im still here!!
Rob got home Tuesday and as most of you know, I usually don't post as much when he is home. We are just busier when he is home. I am still doing really well though. In fact he and I have been working out together. And OH MY GOSH am I sore today from our workout yesterday! We did our gym thing and he also showed me some shoulder/arm workouts with weights.. F*$% I am sore!! lol
It hurts so good though.

I might have a partime job shortly. Working as a cashier at my brother in laws store. Since Rob is gone 2 weeks at a time and home 2 weeks at a time. They are willing to work with my schedule and I would only be working while Rob was on his time home, I could work a full time schedule while he was home and then not work while he was away, so I wouldn't have to worry about daycare/babysitters for the boys. PERFECT!
We don't really need the money, but I do need the work experience on my resume for when BOTH boys are in school fulltime. And extra money never hurt anyone lol
Im nervous, just because I haven't worked in a long time. But it will be so good for me!

So Rob is switching mines again.. lol
The one he just went to hired him and told him that he would be on a certain schedule - he would have Christmas off, and be on the same shift as his mom (who also works there). But when he was actually hired and working they had him on the complete WRONG schedule and it was less pay than they talked about (which he would have already been taking a pay cut). So, he started looking for different work obviously. He knows what he is worth and is not willing to put up with BS. So he called the company he quit in order to get the job at this past mine. And they REALLY wanted him back, only issue was he didn't want to go to the same mine he quit at, he wanted a specific different one. So not only did they hire him at the mine he wanted to go to, they gave him a promotion!!!! SO now he will be where he wants to be, and be making even more money than his job he had with them for the past few years! :D I'm so happy for him! This new mine is a gold mine in the Yukon, and he is used to working in a diamond mine, so he's a little nervous because its quit a different way of mining, but they wouldn't have hired him so fast and so willingly if they thought he couldn't do it.
He starts November 22nd and its a 3 week on 3 week off schedule, which he also wanted.
3 weeks is going to be hard, but that also means he is home for 3 weeks, so you win some you lose some.

Anyways. before I leave I just want to let you guys know that for some reason I am not able to comment on anyones posts! I have no idea why, when I try to comment it tells me I don't have an account with my email address and can't post on that page.... so hopefully that gets fixed soon :(
I AM reading your posts! I just can't comment!

No comments: