Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Tuesday March 8th

So I have been kinda in a slump this past week. My van broke down last Thursday, and I have had to drive the truck. Its scary to drive it cause its so big and I am not used to it and its standard... ugh.
But I have it if I need it, so that's good. Although I refuse to drive it to the gym right now.. I need to get more comfortable with it before I drive it into the city.
I have been really missing the gym though.
But I have been working out at home a bit (could do more I'm sure). I'm gonna go and buy an elliptical machine today. Canadian Tire is having a 50% sale so I need to get my butt in there and buy one before they are sold out.
I think I will be buying this one Click me. Atreyu has swimming today so I will go while he is there, and stop at the grocery store too.
My family sent me money for my b-day which was on Saturday. I thought about buying new clothes since I really do need some, but I hate the thought of spending money on clothes that are not gonna fit shortly. Especially with how much plus sized clothes cost!! I hate that.
So I think the elliptical is a great idea, especially since stuff keeps happening where I can't make it to the gym. And even for weeks where I do go to the gym for my 5 days I can only stay for an hour most days, and this way if I want to do more I can do it at home.

For my birthday my best friend Sheila, slept over. We had some drinks, girl talk, girly movie, I made dinner and she made me a cake <3.
 I did make her take half home the next day lol.. and then my kids helped with the other half for the next few nights.It was nice to have company on my birthday, especially since Rob is at work.

So Monday was WI day.. and I wasn't expecting much, especially since the week before I busted my ass and only lost 0.3 lbs. But I was down 1.3 lbs this week. I don't understand my body. I barely worked out this past week, and I know I ate some things I shouldn't have.. and I lost.

I really hope using the elliptical revs up my weight loss, cause this is getting really discouraging to be this big and put the effort in at the gym and still only lose about a pound a week. I know 1-2 lbs is the "healthy" way to do it.. and hell I would be happy if it was a steady 2lbs per week.. but at my weight I feel like it should be coming off easier. I feel like at this point I should be in a smaller size again, and have lost more inches.

Its easy to get discouraged, but I'm not gonna let it destroy what I am working towards. I feel healthier and happier and that's a HUGE part of this journey.
I can't wait for nice weather.. so I can get workout in that don't feel like workouts.

4 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

I think the elliptical is a BRILLIANT idea. As for clothes, you're so right. I hate how much plus-sized clothes cost. Ugh. I'll be hitting up a thrift shop once I lose more...and it actually starts to show...ugh.

Don't worry about the b-day cake. It's YOUR birthday and you can celebrate it. As long as you do the whole "in-moderation" thing then there is no reason you can't splurge a smidge on YOUR special day. That's the way I look at it. Imagine going through life and not having even just a tiny slice of cake on the day you were born...to celebrate you. That'd be lame!

AND you still had a loss. As I always say: a loss is a loss is a loss. :)

Hugs!

Sarah said...

Good job on the weight loss this week! I know what you mean I think I am having a bad week and bam I lose more than I ever expected and vice versa, frustrating I tell you!

What I have been doing for clothes lately is going to Walmart and getting the $10-12 Faded Glory Jeans, not sure how much they are in plus size, since I seem to be dropping sizes every month, I hate wasting all this money on clothes! I buy myself 2 pairs of jeans in one size so that way I am not spending so much, same with shirts I got some cheaper tshirts at Walmart to get me by for now.

I would love an elliptical! I have a treadmill and two weight sets at home right now but would love to get more equipment.

Ellie said...

Man I totally know how you feel. I slacked really bad this week and end up losing 2.2lbs when some weeks I do my very best and end up barely squeezing out a loss.

I wish I could understand the science behind it, to me it seems completely random...

Oh well, loss is a loss and is great progress. Grats!

Erin said...

Saw that you were interested in health and thought you might like my blog medimama.blogspot.com, Thanks! :)