So I was on my way home from the gym yesterday
needed to stop and get gas
and my van decided it was time to give me just ONE more thing to stress over..ughh.
I pumped my gas, then it wouldn't start.
/cry
I found a nice guy who helped me out, he didn't have jumper cables but he went and asked everyone there and even ran into the store and asked if anyone had any.. of course NO ONE did.
So he drove to his house to go get his in hopes that the boost would actually work.
Because from the noise it was making it sounds like my starter or alternator.. GREAT!
Anyways he tried to boost me and it took a while but finally it started, and he told me not to shut the van off until I got home.
He made me keep the cables in case I needed them again and no one had any lol.. so nice!! <3
I thanked him a million times.
I got home.. and turned the van off, tried to start it again and it started.. so I was thinking oh good maybe it WAS just the battery. But no it wasn't.
I went out to start it again later to run to the store, and it started, I came in to get Atreyu's winter stuff on, and it had shut off.. the lights, the radio and the heat were all on but the engine wasn't started.
fml
I don't want to put more money into this POS vehicle.. but we can't get a new vehicle till this summer, Rob's insurance will be a lot less then since he will be 25.
So now I am going to HAVE to drive the truck.
Its standard, and I can barely move the thing.. but I guess I have to try now..
I am a stressful driver when first learning.. I didn't even get my damn license till 2 years ago.
It would be one thing if I didn't have kids in the vehicle with me, but having them there adds to the stress.
I work myself up so bad.
I should just be thankful that I do have SOME experience trying to drive stick, Rob always said "One day the vans gonna break down and your only option will be the truck while I'm not in town"
Screw him for being right lol
Screw him for being right lol
I'm glad he made me take the truck out a few times, cause I at least know I can operate it.. yes I will probably stall many many times, but if I NEED to get somewhere I have the option.
As my birthday present Marie (MIL) offered many things, but now that I need to use the truck, it needs new tires VERY badly, and an oil change, so she gave me money for tires, an oil change and to spend the left over money (around $200) on myself.. I swear she is the best MIL ever made.
Tomorrow is my birthday.. gonna be 26.
My friend Sheila is supposed to come have a sleep over, drinks, girl talk, movies
<3
Sometimes I really like that Rob works out of town, cause yeah I'm a mom all the time, but once the kids are in bed I can still have girl time with my best friend and no guys around :)

4 comments:
What a great M-I-L. I get so frustrated when the car acts up...arrggh.
Hey, I can see why the guy helped you though. You are just too darn cute.
lol thanks <3
Happy Birthday!
And I have posted an award for you on my page. :)
Your mil sounds great! New follower here...hope you can check out my Living in TX blog where I blog about my weight loss and lifestyle change.
Post a Comment