Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well that was.. fun...

If you hadn't notcied the ticker on the bottom right side of my page, it's for my brothers wedding in April.. in the Dominican!

I am a bridesmaid in the wedding...
Me+dress= big fat mess!

And tonight I went into the bridal house to try on a dress and order mine..
They didn't have any in my size.. but it wasn't just cause im huge, they only had ONE in store anyways.
But I did have to get measured by 2 tiny little women, younger and MUCH smaller than me.
She could barely get her arms around my boobs and she acted soo awkward about it lol the poor girl, she kept apologizing for touching them, and I just said "It's ok,  they are always in my way too."

It was kinda humiliating though, being measured by girls who probably will never be any where near this size.
She had to ask certain questions in regards to the size I will be during the wedding.
Like am I pregnant or am I trying? HELL NO! lol
Am I on any diet plans and which one? (really? you need to know which one?) Yes, well kinda, Im eating better and working out more.
How much do you want to lose by the wedding? How much do I WANT to lose or how much am I more than likely at a reasonable rate GOING to lose?
she just laughed....
so I panicked and said 50lbs
The look on her face! I don't think she herself weighed much more than 50 lbs so to her 50 lbs was SOOOO much, she was shocked that it would even be possible to lose it, which made me more embarrassed.
And then she had to repeat back my measurements.... lovely..
I kinda pretended I didn't care and wasn't shocked at all by the number. I mean I have measured myself and I know how big I am, but to have her literally write it down and point it out and then show me the size of dress I would need on the chart, and have the dress be the second biggest POSSIBLE size.. was rough, I'm not gonna lie.

And the main issue I have with the dress is exactly what I was expecting.. it's too short.
I have massive legs, and I am ok with showing calf, I have gotten over my fear of that, but this is above the knee and have fat that kinda hangs around my knees.. no one wants to see that shit.
Ugh....
I'm soooo not looking forward to this.
Even if (not if, I will) I lose the weight I want to lose by that may not fix my fat leg problem, in fact it could be worse, not fatter, just looser, the skin may just be uglier and looser and the problem may be worse.

Aaand here I am again stressing over something that may not even be an issue, if I look on the positive side, If I stick to plan and am smaller I may even want to show off my legs, I may be smaller than I had hoped. Time to stop stressing about what might be, and the things that could happen, and just kick ass and work hard and deal with it when I am there.


8 comments:

Jillian said...

My best friend is getting married next September, and I am TERRIFIED of the bridesmaids dresses. I mean, we haven't tried them on yet or anything, but just the whole idea is overwhelming. I'm sorry the experience was so mortifying for you! I guess this is good motivation for both of us, huh?

Dina the Wordsmith said...

I'm around the same age as you, so I might have some good news about the "fat knee" problem. I'm slowly whittling down my weight and my knees are starting to look like normal person knees. The skin actually shrunk as the fat receded. I'm holding thumbs for you!

FatGirl said...

Jillian, thanks :) We can do this though, its definitely motivation for us !!

Dina, THANK YOU!! lol it's great top know someone someone with the same "problem" has good results!! yay!!

Donna said...

Yaaaa...I can totally identify with your post. I turned 40 this year and am a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding next year (all the other bridesmaids will be 25, I will be 41). One of the bridesmaids is size 00...
Good luck to us!

Julie said...

Just a hint, walk and walk hard and your legs and butt will tone up more then you can imagine and you'll be the prettiest bridesmaid there. I can guarantee it. Honest!!
Just stopping by from Allan's blog. I'm going to read some more because you sound so familar to what I use too but am feeling again.
Take care and God Bless!!

Chubby McGee said...

I hate weddings. I really do. I've never been a fan. This is a big reason why. It makes me feel like shit and it costs me a fortune since I have to buy a dress/shoes/gifts/travel. And, chances are, the dress hunting is going to be super depressing and life-sucking. I hate it.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

I know you can do some shedding for the wedding and increase your confidence in the interim! Go, girl!

The Fat Mom said...

Can you add some length to the dress to knee level? Obviously if you had a long dress you would stick out among the shorter ones. But by adding a couple of inches you solve your fear of knee showage and you won't stick out like a sore thumb.

By the way, I HATE being measured by twiggy chicks. They are weird doing it, then you weird out because of the way they are acting, then it's weirder if people are watching. It's just never fun.

Diandra said...

Just take care of your skin, and your knees should be no problem. And if they are, you might still be able to wear tights to help camouflage it. (Nothing wrong with cheating a little to look your best.)