So I need to start this blog by saying, wow!
I recently started following a new blog Starting at 500 pounds.
This blog belongs to a man named Mike and his wife Karlie.
I had literally read one post by each of them and was crying.
Karlie's post Here, really hit me hard. It talks about how she struggled many times and would always end up in the same spot. She lost the "real her" and wanted herself back.
"A little while after that I found it. I found a place inside of me where I started to believe in myself again.
Maybe you are are searching for your "real" self again, or maybe you have already found that in our journey, you aren't oblivious because you are reading this. Who is the "real" you? Imagine yourself at your best."
I didn't realize, I thought I did have a good grasp on myself and thought I knew the real me in a way. But I really don't, this is not me.
I KNOW I can do better than this, I know I don't need to fail every time I start over. This time is the LAST time I start over. And I'm not talking about little mishaps along the way I mean looking at the big picture, achieving what I have been trying to achieve for sooo long. Being healthy and happy, and in return losing weight.
Anyways, the reason I said "Wow!" was because I apparently had inspired HER! Really? little ol' me!? lol
It actually moved me to tears (again!! lol).
She said
"Reading over at Life as a Fat Girl definitely inspired this post. As I read all about Ayla I was empowered by her story, and it made me want to be a better person."
I made someone want to be better? maybe its the fact that she doesn't personally know me and she just read my "story" but it really moved me. And just think, if I over come this battle I am having with myself and my weight, maybe I can inspire someone else as well. That would seriously be the biggest gift I could give myself!
I Will get there, and I will fight hard to get there!
4 comments:
Any one would want to be like you Ayla, you're the best person I know. <3
I don't know what it was but my wife felt very connected to you and your struggles. She wishes you all the best on you journey.
New reader! Exploring your blog today! Find you from Starting at 500
Aww Sabrina!! I think you are pretty damn great yourself :)
Hyla, welcome aboard! :D
I think I have read posts on other people/s blogs about you (good ones lol), you now have a new follower also lol
Post a Comment