This challenge is called
And it was started over at "LESS of Me, More of Him".
It doesn't officially start until September 18th and runs until December 31st.
"The point of this challenge is to be mindful all through the Fall and the Holiday Season ahead, be mindful of what you really want."
So as part of the challenge I must write out a statement of what I really want to give myself this holiday season.
So here we go.
MY STATEMENT:
At the end of the holiday season, I would like to know without a doubt that I gave my all. That I made the right choices in regards to food and activity.
I want to have dropped some lbs by that time also.
But I'm not gonna sit down like I normally do and calculate how much I want to lose int hat time, because that always sets me up for failure. Im just going to do my best and accept the results.
I' am also supposed to write out 7 action points (ways I will work toward this gift to myself).
1. If the kids ask to go for a walk or to the park, I won't say no (unless they are grounded lol). If I'm lazy and Rob wants to go to the gym with me, I will always go!
2. I will get some form of activity in every day (biking, swimming, walking, going to the gym).
3. I will ALWAYS push myself, even if its only a couple extra seconds of a workout, I will strive to be better every time I do something.
4. I will blog more!!
5. I will drink my 8 or more glasses of water a day, and stay away from diet pops.
6. Stay within my calories.
7. I will make conscious choices about the foods that go into my body, I will feed it to fuel it.

11 comments:
Good luck! You'll do great!
hey hey!! I love waking up to new posts from my favvvvorite blogger. Mind if I squeeze in on your challenge?!
The iphone app you asked about it called the 5K Runner and it's free!!!
I love it, it even talks to you when to start walking and running.....
Good Luck!!!
Welcome to the challenge, those are good action points! :-D
This sounds so good!
That is a great action plan! I love the not focusing on weight, but on actions... sounds liberating. I look forward to following your posts.
Now you make me cry. I just read all "about fat girl" You sound like an amazing person and deserve the best for you and your family. It sounds like you are on the right track, with the right mentality which is key. Tap into that inner strength and drive all of that hurt and anger and all of those tears into the wall. It will pay off. I will definitely be back to read, you have inspired my post for Wifey Wednesday. Thank you! Karlie from: www.startingat500pounds.com
Thank you Karlie! That means a lot to me to hear someone say those things to me!
I have to check out this challenge!
You goals seem very attainable!
I was feeling a little down tonight and had a "small" binge (if you could call it that:/) I just read about your challenge and snapped me out of it:) I need to start doing those extra little things for myself.
These are all actions that can become a permanent part of your life long after this challenge is over. I, too, get tired of it being another job when I try to lose weight. I just want to be able to live without it being on my mind constantly and to do that my behaviors and attitudes must change so I am working on that during this challenge. Let's make it a point to support each other all we can whether it be encouragement or a kick in the butt if that is what is called for!
Post a Comment