Sunday, July 03, 2011

The pay off is sweeter than that chocolate bar, I promise.









Still on track :)
Still drinking my water.
Still working out EVERYDAY!!!
Doing my Shred daily and then usually a walk at night, or during the week I go to the gym for an hour.
Im not supposed to WI officially until the 6th, but for the sake of this challenge and for my regular WI day (Sunday) Im weighing in 3 days early.

So, I have lost...

*Drum roll*

10 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!
I nearly fainted lol
Hard work is actually paying off , who knew!? lol
So that puts me at 265.2 lbs
Still a long way to go.. but thats a huge step :)

I start workout 2 on the shred today. Gonna do it after I post this actually. This should be interesting lol.

I made mini quiches for dinner last night, got the recipe from Sabrina over at "Blog".
I took pics of the process too so I will post the recipe as well.
I did change a bit, I didn't use bacon bits, I don't like bacon bits. And really you don't use 12 whole slices of bread, you can get the 12 circles from 6 slices depending on the size of the glass you cut the circles with, and if you are counting calories like me I wanted to be more accurate.
If you plan a head you can have even less calories by using light cheese too.. I just happened to have all the ingredients so and didn't plan ahead lol



Easy Mini Quiche (makes 12)
6 slices Whole Wheat Bread
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
4 Stalks Green Onion
1 cup 1% Milk
4 Large Eggs




  1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease 12 muffin tins. ( I use pam)
  2.  Trim or cut bread into circles ( I use an upside down glass ) Place circles in bottom of muffin  tins. Distribute onion and cheese,evenly between muffin tins.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, and any spices you like to use. ( I just use pepper ) and pour evenly between muffin tins.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.













They freeze well, and make a good breakfast too.



Safeway Generic Brand - Marble Cheese, 0.5 cup18001216Ico_delete
Great Value - 1% Low Fat Milk, 1 Cup1001238Ico_delete
Stop & Shop - Egg White-Large, 4 egg680016Ico_delete
Generic - Green Onions, 4 stalk chopped (12g) ~1/8 bunch12400Ico_delete
Safeway - 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 6 Slices39072612Ico_delete
Add Ingredient

Total:750882152
Per Serving:63724

So based on my ingredients they are only 63 calories each!! Awesome! I even had left overs so I had a couple for breakfast as well.

13 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, those look so yummy! I could make a gorgeous quiche with my eyes closed but have avoided it since trying get healthier - SO many calories, between the pie crust, the cream, the cheese - even filling it with spinach and mushrooms can't save it! I do baked egg white frittatas sometimes, crustless and full of veggies so I can enjoy a little cheese and not feel so guilty!

downsizers said...

Congratulations. You are doing so well - new digit and the next one in sight. You go girl.

Lisa @ Cheap Thrills said...

Awesome weight loss!!! Love the quiche recipe, too! Yay!

Sabrina said...

Lol Apparently I need a new blog name.

Candi said...

Wow! 10 lbs!!! That's awesome!!! And the quiche recipe looks yummy. I made some mini frittatas this week using squash. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your amazing loss!! :)

Sarah said...

10 lbs? That is AMAZING girl! Way to go!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

The quiches look awesome! Don't you love making GOOD lo cal food! Nice on the weight!! You're right, that chocolate bar just doesn't taste as good as 10 lbs. off the bod!

Anonymous said...

The pay off is definitely sweeter! Congratulations, that is an awesome loss!!!!!

Danielle said...

Wow!! Ten! That's an amazing accomplishment! Keep up the good work.

Colie's Kitchen said...

WOW That is amazing!! Congrats to you and your butt kicking weight loss! WOW clearly I am doing something wrong!! Great job! Nicole @colieskitchen.com

Michele said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe of teh quiches they look fabulous!! Congrats on that TEN pound loss, too! Way to go weigh down!

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

I am so proud of your progress. This is great! And I wish I could eat those quiches, cause they look super num. Enjoy them on my behalf!
:)

Happy new week. Let's kill the fat!