We had travelled to Vancouver Island last summer, and fell completely in love with it. Specifically the Courtenay/Comox Valley area.
We wanted to move but assumed that we wouldn't be able to make as much as we owe on the sale of our house. So we decided to wait.
Well we are sick of waiting. We want to move this summer before the school year starts. ASAP, but at least a couple weeks before school starts.
I have contacted a real estate agent who is coming to take a look Monday at noon to appraise the house. But she specilizes in this area, and just on giving her the dimensions and the year built she was certain that our place will sell quickly and for more than we owe!!!
BEST NEWS EVER!
So the trip to Calgary probably wont happen. But Im hoping to be able to make a trip to Saskatoon before we move to visit family and say goodbye.
Although since we are trying to save money for the move Im not sure if it will happen :(
But I am gonna do everything in my power to make that happen!
I already started cleaning up the yard, and want to finish painting the fence tomorrow.
My dad and Rob are both here Tuesday so Wednesday we can start doing the other stuff.
The real estate agent will go over what she thinks we need to do in order to sell the house the fastest.
I'm assuming I already know what she will say though.
We planned to put in all new doors. Re-paint the trim on the outside of the house.
Re-paint the deck.
Put a fresh coat or 2 of paint in all the rooms in the house.
Finish the flooring in the hallway and master bedroom (we already have the flooring, just have to put it in).
And redo the front garden.
Nothing major.
We also need to rent a storage unit and de-clutter the house before we list it.
This is good though because I will have to go through all our stuff anyways as we are not moving everything with us.
Aside from, our bed, and electronics we are just gonna pack what can fit into 10 boxes.
We will basically be starting over for furniture when we get there.
But I am completely ok with that. Im excited about it actually.
Living there will provide us with the type of lifestyle we have wanted for a very long time.
I can't wait!
6 comments:
Good luck with selling your property! We were on the other side of the situation where we bought late last year (first time home owners). Your list of fixers sound like what would definitely speed up the process
Have a lovely weekend!
Good luck!
Wow!! Thats SO exciting Ayla! Im sad that we have never got to meet before you move :( Good luck with selling your house! Hopefully it doesn't take long.!!!!
Wow, that is really exciting! Good luck!
:( but I don't want u to goooo...I just came baccckkkk
Good luck! Sounds like you'll have plenty to do - I'm so envious, I need to concentrate on something to keep me motivated!
Post a Comment