Thursday, May 03, 2012

Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself!

So I don't know what is happening with me, but I'm loving it!
I have been been kicking some serious ass in the gym and have been eating amazingly.
The fact that I upped my calories is helping me SOOOO much.
I actually have a hard time trying to eat all my calories
(because when you eat healthy fibre rich foods, they don't cost as many calories as the less filling crap I was used to. Who knew?! lol).

I have been more focused on health and trying to just love me for who I am despite the body I am in... and maybe even possibly loving my body?
(Ok, ok, I'm not quite there just yet lol)
I am slowly seeing changes
(at this point its probably just the fact that I'm not constantly bloated mind you).
CHANGES!!
And I am making them happen!
I have been here before, and actually been 15lbs lighter than I am today,
but I feel different this time.
I feel like I am actually aware of what is going on with my body.
I actually feel connected to it this time.
I KNOW that I am the one in control, I am the one making myself stronger and healthier.
It's kind of an amazing feeling.
I'm pretty much in love with it.. just sayin'.

I ran today!
(Well, more of a jog, but it was "running" to me lol)
I did my normal 6 laps around the track and then went on the rowing machine.
Then decided to do another 4 laps.
I walked the first quarter of the lap and then ran the rest!
I couldn't breath by the end of the lap lol but I did it!
And I waited for my heart rate to get back to a decent pace and ran some more.
I continued to do this for the rest of the 3 laps
(Running until I couldn't breath and my heart rate was super high, and then walking it off and letting my heart rate get down to a more normal pace before running again).
In all of my fat jiggling glory I felt SO good about myself!






5 comments:

Plump Nonfiction said...

It feels really good to accomplish new things. You did a great job! Keep it up!

safire said...

Keep it up! You sound super psyched and the energy is amazing!

Life as Linda said...

Wow, I am so proud of you! Running on that track is hard! It's so much easier being on a treadmill where the ground beneath you moves instead of you having to propel your body. But not only did you do it, you kicked ass!

Diandra said...

Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ayla. I've just found your blog...love it. Good luck on all your May goals!!!!