Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bloom where you are planted.

Monday I had my first "fit camp" class. I almost fainted many times and I was near to puking at one point as well. I also had to modify some of the moves due to those things and also due to my size. BUT, I made it through to the end! I felt extremely proud of myself. It was a huge step for me. A huge step for the fact that I am so uncomfortable working out in front of people because of my size and also the fact that I have anxiety. I got out there and even though I was the slowest runner  (jogger in my case) I still finished. I haven't said this many times but I was proud.



Tonight I had my weigh in /support meeting for the weight loss challenge I am in. I was down 4 lbs! I have been eating great and getting in more physical activity so I was hoping for a good number.
Last weeks homework for the meeting was to find a motivational/inspirational quote that has something to do with health. The quote I brought was, "Your body is capable of anything. It is your brain you have to convince." I brought that quote because it is 100% true for me. I honestly didn't think I was gonna finish the fit camp class. In fact I could barely lift my fat little legs by the end of it. But I kept thinking of this quote and talking myself into believing it and it freakin' worked! I realized how much I need my own support. I need to be my biggest cheerleader. Self love is always something I have struggled with. I don't know if I have ever not hated my body. I honestly don't. That is so sad. I may not like the size I am at but I should still love myself.. EVERYTHING about myself. I'm gonna try extremely hard to be more aware of the hate talk that we as women do to ourselves. No more looking in the mirror and saying, "ew"; or worse avoiding the mirror all together. My body has carried this extra weight. Underneath this fat is a strong body! Think about someone my height who is not overweight. Could they carry around an extra 150 lbs.. probably not. So the fact that I get out of breath or the fact that I am slower isn't what I should focus on. I should focus on how amazing it is that at this size this amazing body is able to push and get through that workout. 



I found this quote also, "Bloom where you are planted." This goes with my self love strategy. The body I currently have is where I am right now. I need to open up and bloom. It also relates to having no excuses. Just do the best you can with what you have. Why hate yourself when you can help yourself?

I also need to talk about the ladies in my challenge/support group. Can I just say that I couldn't have picked a more amazing and uplifting group of ladies! I feel so amazing after each meeting. I feel so much stronger and motivated due to their support. I just love it.


4 comments:

FogDog said...

4 pounds is a great number! I like the quote as well. you should go to my site and read about the fortune cookie. Send me a quote and I'll link back to your site.
-FogDogWeightLoss.Blogspot.com

Buy kamagra polo said...

Great Post and nice article.Thanks for sharing.

Antobiotics said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us.My pleasure to being here on your blog..I 
would Like to  come back here for new post from your site.

Weight Loss said...

Hi Ayla, great blog post and when are you going to post again? We all appreciate the weight loss motivation. How's your weight loss journey going? You might like this Macro Calculator More: Weight Loss Calculator

Best Regards,