It's been a really long time since I blogged.
I'm going to try and make it a regular thing again though.
Lets get down to the main updates in my life.
We sold our house and moved to Courtenay BC.
We LOVE our house and we LOVE it here.
I do think we made the right decision.
We are surrounded by mountains, have 2 gorgeous beaches within 15 minutes of our house and numerous other ones within a 40 minute drive.
This is the life I wanted.
But I miss my family...
This summer was pretty hard for me since my family from Yellowknife drives to Saskatoon to visit the rest of our family (we have a HUGE family, my grandparents had 14 kids!) And since we moved to BC I wasn't able to make it to Saskatoon this year to visit. That's the only time to see my sister and her kids usually, and I had a hard time since I missed that this year :(
I'm also missing the fact that I lived close enough to my person (Linda) to drive out on weekends if I wanted to.
I can't do that anymore.
And I feel like we have been talking less, which is probably my fault, and I want to change that.
But I know the next time I am gonna see her is probably next summer at my sisters wedding. That makes me super sad.
The boys have no friends here. Although I have been going out to "playgroups" with moms with older kids, and at least socializing the boys. But Aiden sure misses his friends.
I'm hoping it will get better for him once school starts up soon.
They do enjoy all the outdoor things we get to do though.
I am currently looking for part time work. I think it will be good for me to get out and get back to working. Both boys will be in full day's at school. If I work part time I can be there to drop them off and pick them up, and not feel completely stressed out.
I may get into some full time work eventually, but for now, this is what works for us.
I haven't been regretting my choice to move here.
But the fact that I miss my family is a problem for me some days.
I feel like I have been taking it out on Rob, and it's not doing good things for our relationship..
That's all I'm really gonna say about that, because I think we had a really good talk the other night and cleared the air.
We have been together for 9 years, I think by now I know that we can fight hard, but love harder.
It all works out in the end. You just need respect.
On the weight loss front, I gained all... ALL of my weight back.. I'm super embarrassed, and feel gross.
This past week I lost 4lbs. I can do this again!
Most of my clothes don't fit anymore, and I refuse to buy new bigger clothes again.
It'll get better.
3 comments:
I miss you so much when you don't blog, please don't leave again, lol.
I miss you like crazy and I can't tell you that I still am not hoping that you will come back someday but I have never thought you would regret going. You might love it and decide to stay for a long time or maybe you won't but either way, it's a journey your family is on and sometimes you don't know until you try. It's a big thing to do and I am proud of you. I guess I can be proud and sad at the same time lol.
I hope you and Rob are okay. I also hope he's cutting you some slack because you both knew the missing family part was going to be much harder on you than it is on him. Then he was gone to work for so long that would have made it even harder.
I am sorry that you gained the weight back but that's just temporary as you've already shown, way to go on the 4 lbs :)
You can do this! And remember, the rest of life is just a little bit easier to handle when we are taking care of our bodies. Your body is not you, it's just your vessel. It's your job to maintain it to the best of your ability...food is just fuel...and wine is a bonus, lol.
I hope the boys make some nice friends at school and you find a part time job you enjoy and I love seeing pictures of your jewelry, congratulations on that :)
Love you so much <3
Your new place looks great. I wish we lived that close to the ocean. Maybe some day we will...
Anyweay, it's good to have you back. And don't spend your time missing your family. Get them hooked on Skype, talk to them on the phone and write letters or e-mails. My family is spread all over Germany and the Netherlands (I haven't seen my father in over a year, and my younger sister and her family almost as long), but we try really hard to stay in contact. And this gives us the opportunity to live our lives we want to.
I haven't go shopping for a long time though, because I refuse to buy bigger dress. My weight keep fluctuating around 67kg &68kg this few weeks. Something need to be done. Wish you all the best.
http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com
Post a Comment